Position: Communications Intern
Reports to: Director of Communications and Outreach
Type: Part time (20-25 hours/week)
Location: Washington, DC (with occasional travel possible)
Duration: 6 Months / Summer
This position supports all of QFI’s communications initiatives and programs by producing and implementing external communication, marketing and outreach strategies that help advance QFI’s mission.
Position Functions and Responsibilities:
Intern will work with the Communications team on a series of tasks centered on social media strategy development and implementation, content strategy, digital outreach, media production and department administrative work. These include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with updating the content and design of QFI’s website to increase website interactivity;
- Research and implement new social digital tools and ideas for outreach;
- Create and share content for QFI’s social media platforms, including, QFI’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Blog, etc.;
- Monitor social media analytics and media coverage,
- Provide documentation/production of QFI activities, including videography, photography, and social media posts on an as needed basis;
- Assist with design and production of ads and other promotional media
- Assist with video and photo documentation, editing and archiving.
- Oversee administrative and clerical tasks as assigned
- Other duties as they come up
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree or in process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest in the Arabic language and the Middle East.
- Basic knowledge of FinalCut Pro, Premiere Pro or equivalent editing platform.
- Experience with WordPress and blogging
- Arabic reading and/or writing skills a plus
- Prior experience in communications, international affairs and social media.
- Experience with photography and videography using DSLR cameras
- Strong organization skill and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Knowledge of international education, education technology, and service learning
- Experience working with or participating in youth groups and/or cultural exchanges.
- Proficient in Adobe Design Suite programs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and copy editing skills;
Work Environment/Physical Effort:
- Should be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- The position is based in the Washington, DC office; limited domestic and international travel may be required
- QFI’s office is open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., but the position may occasionally require the intern to work in the evening or on weekends
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.
Spring: December 1
Summer: April 1
Fall: August 25
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the QFI Human Resources Department with the subject line “Comms Intern”. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.