Reports to: Director of Programs
Type: Part time (20-25 hours/week)
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 Months / Summer
The intern will work with the Programs team to support the administration of a diverse portfolio of grants and projects including Arabic Language and Arab Societies and Culture programs, assisting with education technology tools, research projects, and event logistical support. The intern will support the Programs team by performing a wide range of key administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
Position Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential duty and responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist with event planning and coordination of QFI summer events and workshops.
- Assist with QFI’s education technology tools such as the open-education resource website, Al-Masdar.
- Interact with grant applicants, teachers, and students, answering questions and directing them to appropriate information and staff members.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for event planning and coordination.
- Support other QFI initiatives as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of the Arabic language and Arab World
- Ability to perform outreach to a variety of individuals and organizations in a professional manner.
- Comfort with and experience working in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, establishing priorities, organizing, and managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and critical thinking
- Research experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Undergraduate student or recent graduate with demonstrated interest in the Arabic language, Middle East studies, or international education
- Proficiency in both written and spoken Arabic at a novice-high level or above
- Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States, if hired
- Mostly sedentary
- 10% domestic travel may be required
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.
Spring: December 1
Summer: June 1
Fall: August 1
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the QFI Human Resources Department with the subject line “Programs Intern”. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.