QFI has opened the application for the 2022 Arabic Honor Society (AHS) Incoming Freshman Awards
The AHS Incoming Freshman Awards support AHS members who are preparing to continue their Arabic studies at the higher education level. This award celebrates high achieving students who have demonstrated their passion for the Arabic language and Arab culture through their academic records, extracurricular activities, and heavy involvement in their local AHS chapters.
Award Recipients will receive the following:
- Up to $10,000 to cover tuition costs for a program focused on or heavily involving an Arabic language component at the higher education level
- Recognition on QFI’s website, social media, and other AHS promotional materials
- Arabic Honor Society swag bag
Applicants for the AHS Incoming Freshman Awards have committed themselves to attending a college or university to continue studying Arabic after high school, and so special eligibility guidelines apply. Students must meet the following conditions to be eligible:
- Current member of the Arabic Honor Society
- Student must be majoring or minoring in Arabic, or related fields which require a strong command of the Arabic language by graduation. Students make a case for a program on an individual basis.
- Student must be registered for an Arabic language course in their first semester. If selected, funding is contingent upon proof of acceptance to school and registration to an Arabic language course.
HOW TO APPLY
- Make a profile on the grant management portal: qfi.smapply.org. Student must complete the Eligibility Quiz to apply for the academic award.
- Complete the AHS Incoming Freshman Award Application form. The form will require general information about the student, essay prompts for the student to complete, and uploads of supplementary documentation including high school transcripts.
- Submit application by 11:59pm ET March 6, 2022.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Students can reach out with any questions by emailing email@example.com.