QFI partners with Concordia Language Villages to offer intensive, cohort-based workshops for Arabic language teachers that take place over several weekends throughout the school year. Participants commit to two in-person workshops and three online webinars. These workshops are open to primary, secondary, and college-level Arabic teachers in the U.S. and Canada.
Workshops are led by expert teacher trainers and have covered the following topics:
- Integrating the Common Core and 21st-Century Skills into Units of Instruction for the Arabic Language Classroom
- Strategies to Increase Proficiency of Arabic Language Learners
- Staying in the Target Language in the Arabic Language Classroom
- Integrating Culture into the Arabic Language Classroom
- Strategies to Facilitate Language Learning
- Global Literacy
To make it possible for dedicated teachers to take advantage of this high-impact educational opportunity, all costs of the workshops are covered, including a travel stipend for participants.