Ready Set Izra’!
QFI supports innovative curriculum modules that allow teachers to explore STEAM themes in a global context. The Ready, Set, Izra’! grant provides support to schools who are interested in exploring urban agriculture through a plant science-themed curriculum and participating in a virtual exchange with a classroom in Qatar that is simultaneously going through the curriculum.
Grant support includes funding for a hydroponic tower garden, free access to the Green Bronx Machine Curriculum (available in English and Arabic), and support for setting up a virtual exchange with a partner classroom.
- Grades K-12 Public & Charter Schools, community centers, or non-profit after-school programs that support STEAM initiatives.
- Completion of the course on Participate.com, proof of completion includes badge and required planning document and budget for materials that should be uploaded to the Fluid Review site.
- Grant funds will be awarded once these requirements are met.
- Upon the completion of the project, awardees are required to report and provide feedback on their experience in the QFI Participate.com learning community as well as completing the closeout stage of the application.
Application Process and Deadlines
To apply for the “Ready, Set, Izra’!” grant program, you must register for an account on QFI’s Grants Management Portal at qfi.smapply.com. All application materials will be accepted March 15, 2021- April 30th, 2021.
How to Apply:
- To apply for the “Ready, Set, Izra’!” grant program, you must register for an account on QFI’s Grants Management Portal at https://qfi.smapply.org/
- Upon creating your user profile, you’ll need to take an Eligibility Quiz. The quiz will filter the grants, so you see the ones for which you are eligible. After completing the Eligibility Quiz, click on the green button at the bottom of the screen titled “View Grants”.
- Find the “Ready, Set, Izra’!” grant and click on “Apply Now” to complete the application.
- For more information, click here.