QFI Mission, Vision & Approach
Qatar Foundation International (QFI) is an educational organization committed to advancing Arabic language teaching and learning. QFI supports innovative, research-based Arabic language programs in state funded primary and secondary schools and works to increase access to Arabic instruction for educators and students around the world.
The QFI vision is to transform the paradigm of Arabic language education in schools through fostering best practices.
Our Approach to Arabic Language Education
The QFI approach to Arabic language education is based on over 10 years of experience in the field of language learning. Our expertise is in collaborating with, identifying, and supporting the needs of the entire ecosystem of Arabic language education in state-funded primary and secondary level schools worldwide
QFI Supports the Arabic Language Education Community Through:
· Grantmaking for state funded primary and secondary school Arabic programs
· Curating and providing access to high quality Arabic education resources
· Developing and funding professional development, training, and networks for educators
· Contributing to Arabic education research
· Collaborating with global partners
· Providing students and educators with opportunities to engage in cross cultural and interdisciplinary
Arabic education programs
· Advancing the use of all four modes of communication in the classroom – interpersonal, interpretive,
presentational, and intercultural
Where QFI Works
QFI currently supports programs in Austria, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Qatar, the United Kingdom, and the United States. QFI operational headquarters is in Washington, DC.
QFI began operations in 2009 and is a member of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development.